Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March is National Nutrition Month

In honor of National Nutrition Month I thought it would be fun to post some healthy, nutritious tips that you and your family might enjoy over the next month!

GOAL: Striving to become a healthier family!

Here is the first tip that I live by to help my family strive to become healthier each day:

TIP #1) Evaluate your cupboards and refrigerator. 

What kind of snacks and food do you keep on hand? 

I like to use the first 5 ingredients as a checklist to ensure that what is sitting in my kitchen is healthy. 

5 Ingredients to AVOID
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Sugar
"Enriched" flour products
Trans fats
Saturated Fats

I try hard to make sure that 90% of the stuff that I keep in my home does not contain these ingredients. 
I also have a NO SODA in the house rule.

What are 3 things in your cupboards or refrigerator that you could eliminate from your diet to help your family stay healthy?
Please post ...we would love to hear!

also...
This website is an AWESOME resource:



Healthy Meals for Healthy Kids

5 comments:

No Place Like Home said...

great blog and love all the ideas!

also, I have a new blog and I'm offering a giveaway be sure to check it out. :-)

http://sahm27.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-first-giveaway.html

Anonymous said...

Wow Lovely posting and nice article used . great idea and interesting this post so thanks
Romantisch Hotel Bruges

Jodie said...

Thanks for the checklist! That is a great idea! I need to be more diligent about the no soda rule! :)

teacher2mom said...

Love Life: Your blog is great! Thanks for sharing. We will be sure and add your button to our blog.

Surendra: Glad you like the post:)

Jodie: My husband and I have gone back and forth on the NO SODA in the house rule, but we finally decided that it is a WASTE of money, not to mention HORRIBLE for your health, addicting, and it dehydrates your body. We also decided that we didn't want our kids growing up with it available 24/7. We consider soda a treat! :) Good luck!

Christal DeLoach said...

We have all heard the cliche' "You are what you eat". More and more research is proving this very fact. Evidence has been shown that eating the right foods can help to boost immunity, fight fatigue, and protect your health. This month, take the time to evaluate your plate and set a goal to make sure that you are eating for optimum health.

In love and light,

Christal DeLoach
Your Health & Wellness Coach
http://www.fayettevillenchealthwellnesscoach.com